It’s hard to believe 2017 is about to come to an end in 4 weeks. Is it really December already?
This time of year, I tend to see more friends and family because of the holidays, and I often get asked the question “How’s your book coming along?” I’m never quite sure how to answer that question.
My first instinct is to ask “Which book?” because I’ve got so many works-in-progress going on at any given time, I can’t give an honest answer without knowing which specific book they’re talking about. But if I ask which book, I usually receive a blank stare in return, because no one is privy to the stories in my head or what’s in my computer (nor would they want to be…believe me!). So, my new blanket answer is “The book is going great!” because, I mean…I like to write, and it seems some people like to read what I write, so…It’s fantastic!
I was walking my dog/personal assistant, Loki, this morning, and I started thinking about all the things I’ve worked on this year, and all the things I’ve accomplished. Holy Moly, have I done a lot! Let me break it down for you.
In 2017, I:
- Wrote two novels and a short story from scratch. (To Stop a Shadow, To Free a Phantom, Bewitching the Vampire)
- Thoroughly revised two novels and a short story I wrote in previous years (To Catch a Spirit, The Rest of Forever, Sweet Release)
- Published three of those novels and both short stories
- (The other novel (To Free a Phantom) is about to go to my editor for publication in March)
- Edited a novel I wrote last year, which is now being submitted to literary agents. (I also won a couple of contests with this manuscript!)
- Revised and edited a second novel I wrote last year (Soul Catchers), which is now up for nomination in Kindle Scout. (And you should definitely go nominate it, so that Amazon will consider giving me a publishing contract. Please?!)
So, this is why I have a hard time answering the “How’s the book coming along” question. I have lots of books, and I’m loving every second of it! 😀
What am I working on now?
And now that I’ve got a full series under my belt, I get to move on to a project I’ve been itching to get back to. It’s a new paranormal romance series that I started last year. I’ve written the first book, and I have the next two plotted, and I can’t wait to dig back into it! It’s time to put my editor cap on and whip this bad boy into shape!
I’m not ready to reveal anything about the new series, but I will give you a hint. The series was inspired by this sign that I saw on a door in a bar in New Orleans:
Well, that’s my writing year in review! If you’ve made it this far, thanks for reading! I can’t wait to see what next year brings!